WePlay Esports is a leading esports media holding with key offices in the USA, China and Ukraine. The holding combines the best practices of esports, media and entertainment fields to provide cutting-edge products and services worldwide.
We improve our expertise in the field of international brands' integration in esports. We create conditions for constructive dialogue between business and active, passionate audience of players and fans.
About the role:
As a Corporate Communications Lead, you will be in charge of developing and implementing corporate communication strategy through Communications, PR, and Media Relations. While reporting directly to the CCO (Chief Communications Officer) this role oversees managing a team PR Specialist.
- Collaborating with CCO to develop the corporate communication strategy and mission statement;
- Implementing a communication strategy for the WePlay Holding media holding company that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand;
- Developing proactive media relations with global media representatives;
- Taking part in defining the brand positioning of WePlay Holding in the global market;
- Leading a team of corporate communications & PR managers;
- Organizing and overseeing team schedules and work;
- Ensuring publications in global top-tier media outlets;
- Providing holistic corporate content to external media channels as part of company spokespersons’ guest blogging;
- Building and maintaining a database to track industry conferences and awards;
- Assisting company spokespersons in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages;
- Overseeing the corporate press room;
- Providing research and analysis on communications projects, as needed.
- At least two years of experience in corporate communications (IT field would be a plus);
- At least two years of experience on a Lead position, either in-house or in an agency;
- Experience or understanding of how global PR and international media relations work;
- Knowledge of digital PR and key PR metrics for measurement and evaluation;
- Previous project management and planning experience;
- Experience of working closely with journalists and responding to media requests;
- Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills and the ability to write compelling stories;
- Able to act on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Able to suggest solutions and ways forward when escalating questions;
- Must have: fluent English, Russian, and Ukrainian languages;
- A track record of developing and delivering communication strategies is desirable;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and have excellent time management skills;
- Highly organized and motivated with strong leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills are vital for developing relationships with media representatives and handling issues and communications crisis situations.
Benefits of working at WePlay Esports:
- Office space with comfortable work conditions, various esports entertainment activities and is within a 15 minutes walk from Osokorky subway station;
- 18 work days of paid leave and 12 days of sick leave per year, with a flexible schedule possibility and remote work;
- No dress code policy and low level of bureaucracy;
- Medical insurance after successful probation period completion (100% coverage, premium package);
- Up to 50% expense coverage for specialized training;
- Free English courses (with a native speaker);
- Corporate events (WePlay Holding birthday, Summer BBQ Party, New Year Party, Children’s Days);
- Life events (maternity/paternity leave, “Welcome Baby” Gift, wedding Time Off);
- You will have a mentor and quarterly reviews to help you meet your goals and objectives, as well as 1-to-1 meetings with your lead to discuss work processes and much more.